A Must Have Chilli Paste to Save The Day
Do you guys experience days when you are way too lazy to cook but gotta get the dinner going anyway?
Well, lets rewind to a few days ago when you bought this authentic bag of Kashmiri Whole Chilies. You came here to look for recipes and now....read on!
This is a recipe for a mildly spicy chilli paste that can be used in a variety of dishes. Its mild enough for kids to enjoy as well.
- Handful of Whole Kashmiri Chillis
- Few cloves of Garlic (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Take a good amount of Kashmiri chillies and drop in boiling water. There should be enough water to cover the chillis.
- Boil for about 5-6 min. Turn off heat and keep covered until it's cooled down.
- Grind the garlic cloves, chillis and salt into a fine or coarse paste You can gradually add water while grinding.
- Store in an air tight container. This will last for up to 10 days refrigerated.
Fast forward to today -
Dinner - Chilli Paneer using the chilli paste sitting in your fridge!
Toss some leftover peppers, onions, mushrooms and pre-made Kashmiri chill paste in oil and saute until the paneer gets evenly coated. Stir fry until desired consistency and serve with rice or parathas!