Paneer on a (kathi) roll!
Street food in India is incomplete without spicy paneer rolled up in a roti and surrounded by a bed of sautéed onions, peppers and spices. Here is a simple recipe that only takes about 30-40 min of prep/cook time and well...gets inhaled in a fraction of that time ;).
- Rotis, Frozen Parathas or Tortillas
- Kashmiri Chili Powder
- Turmeric powder
- Cumin Powder
- Kebab Spice Mix
- Cilantro for garnish and salt to taste
- Add turmeric powder, kashmiri chili powder and cumin powder to yogurt.
- Throw in the paneer cubes and toss gently. Let it rest about 15-20 min.
- Heat some oil and saute roughly chopped onions and peppers for about 3-4 minutes. Here is your opportunity to throw in those half and quarter pieces of peppers you have been saving in your refrigerator ;). Add your paneer and saute some more.
- I used pre-cooked tortillas for my roll, but you could use leftover rotis or parathas. I smeared a nice layer of spicy cilantro chutney, threw on the paneer filling and squeezed a bit of lemon for the tang.