Instant Pot Pav Bhaji saves the day!
As Friday rolls along, your menu options are pretty much limited. Seriously though, what do you cook to finish up 3 medium-sized potatoes, half a bell pepper, few cauliflower florets and some tomatoes?? You guessed right - Bombay pav bhajji 😋!
Here is a simple step-by-step recipe using minimal spices and whatever vegetables you wish to finish up!
Step 1: Cook vegetables in the instant pot
* Throw the following in the IP-
1cup green peas (frozen or fresh)
4-5 chopped tomatoes
half a head of cauliflower chopped
1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder
* Add a cup of water and close the IP. Turn on, Manual High Pressure 10 min. Natural release
Roughly mash up the vegetables using a masher.
Step 2: Get the stove top masala ready
* Add the following in a pan on medium heat-2-3 tbs butter
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped onions
1tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
* Add 1/2 cup medium chopped capsicum
* Add 1 tbsp pav bhaji masala
* Mix in the mashed vegetables from the instant pot.
Squeeze some fresh lime, garnish with cilantro and enjoy with Pav (bread)!