Healthy and Vegan Instant Pot Pumpkin and Pea Soup
I wasn't a "soup person" until I discovered an easy way to make delicious soups in the Instant pot. This pumpkin and pea soup is healthy, creamy, colorful, flavorful and a must-have on a cool day.
The only 3 spices that went in were coriander seeds, cumin seeds and turmeric powder.
Ingredients (for 4 generous servings)
- 1 lb yellow pumpkin cut into medium size cubes
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1-2 green chillies (depending on your heat tolerance)
- salt to taste
- 2 cups fresh (or canned) coconut milk
- Add washed pumpkin, peas turmeric powder and salt to taste to a steamer
- Steam in the Instant Pot for about 8 min
- Meanwhile dry roast the coriander and cumin seeds for about 2-3 min on low heat ensuring the spices don't burn
- Blend the vegetables, roasted spices, green chillies and ginger to a smooth puree
- Pour the puree back in the Instant Pot let it warm up in sauté mode for a couple of min
- Add coconut milk and turn the IP off
Optional but a total game-changer would be to garnish with fresh cilantro and pumpkin seeds. The beauty of this recipe is that you can adapt it to any combination of vegetables that you have in your refrigerator.
Here is a video for you, hope you try and like this recipe :)