Recipe - Moringa Powder Power Pancakes
This is a fairly simple and savory pancake (aka Adai in Tamil) recipe which calls for any lentils you may have at hand and rice as the main ingredients. We used the following lentils for that added protein packed punch!
The following are the ones I used -
- 3 cups rice
- 1.5 cups lentils of your choice (mix toor dal, urad dal, chana dal, moong dal)
- Kashmiri Red Chilli (6-7)
- Green Chilli (1-2)
- Garlic (4-5 cloves)
- Salt to taste
- Asafetida (1/2 tsp)
- Moringa leaf powder (3 tsp)
- Soak the rice and lentil mix separately for a minimum of 5-6 hours
- Grind rice first with chilies, salt, garlic and asafetida
- Next grind the lentils together and add to the ground rice and spice mix. Your batter is ready!
Making the pancake/adai
- When ready to make the pancakes, add a tsp moringa leaf powder to the batter. You may also add any vegetables of your choice, like grated carrot, spinach, cilantro, curry leaves, onions etc
- Heat an iron skillet, pour a big ladleful of batter and spread gently
- Add oil around the pancake
- Flip over and let cook for couple of min
- Pancakes are ready!!